I hope everyone has enjoyed their summer and are as excited as the kids are for another hockey season. Just a reminder that the Fall Meeting is Saturday September 6th, 2014 at 11:00am in the Leduc Recreation Centre - Western Bank Room as per the season timeline. We would like to remind you that the following forms will be required at this meeting:
- Association Criminal Record Checks
must be signed and emailed or presented at the Fall Meeting
as per 1660 Regulations.
-Team numbers (division and the proposed tier) Please complete the Registration Form
prior to the meeting.
- Please bring your Association Registration Fee Cheque for your Association at $175.00 per team. Remember that the fee will be $350.00 per team after September 6th, 2014 as agreed at our AGM.
-Please provide ice slots as per 1660 Regulations for each team being entered.
Emailed to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org (MUST use the 1660 Excel Ice Template
Pay particular attention to the Arena names that MUST
match the spreadsheet list.
Include your associations home tournament dates and away dates if possible with the 1660 Excel Ice Template.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
The deadline for ice being submitted to Jesse is September 6th at midnight.
-Please complete the Association Contact Form
prior to the Fall Meeting.
We will be asking for one name from your association to be the League or Primary Contact.
Any team movement and/or placement will only be confirmed to the league with this one person ONLY.
This will ensure that we avoid conflicting requests for the seam team.
- Please be prepared to supply a volunteer (ie. Governor or Senior Governor)
Every association must provide a volunteer.
- Associations that have ice issues MUST contact Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is imperative to keep him informed.
If your ice is not going to be in when our pre-season starts could you please advise Jesse so arrangements can be
Thanks again to everyone for meeting the deadlines set out. This will make it so much easier on the league volunteers and workers to provide you, the associations, with the most efficient process. If you are having problems meeting any deadline, please call the appropriate person immediately to discuss.
Yours in hockey,
1660 Hockey League
Posted on Thu, Aug 21, 2014
Lisa Francioli Scholarship
Lisa Francioli - June 8, 1967 - March 23, 2011
In the early hours of Wednesday March 23, 2011, Lisa Francioli passed away. Lisa was an amazing person, Mother, Wife, Friend, Volunteer, Governor and President who will be sorely missed. Lisa was our Peewee Senior Governor for the 2010-2011 hockey season and continued to help and support us with the new 1660 Hockey League right up until her passing. On February 2nd
, 2011 she informed us that she had to step down as her illness had returned. In true Lisa form, she was more concerned with letting us down and the other people around her, than she was about herself. A true inspiration to those she came into contact with! In one of her final emails to the league executive she stated to us:
"Please take a lesson from me - there are more important things than hockey and as long as you have your priorities right you'll have no regrets" Lisa Francioli
Today, we are sure that there are no regrets, and maybe we all could learn from this great "life" advice. Her contributions to this league and keeping this league together years ago will have an impact on us forever and never be forgotten!
Our thoughts and prayers remain with her family today and always!
At the 2011 annual general meeting the 1660 hockey league passed a motion to create the Lisa Francioli Sportsmanship scholarship. Sportsmanship Scholarship Criteria
- Played a minimum of 3 years of hockey in the 1660 Hockey League.
- "Scholarships" will be available to one graduating Midget hockey player per year who is planning to attend university or college.
- Submissions should include:
- Letter of reference from Former Hockey Coach
- Letter of reference from Academic Teacher
- Penalty Minutes from previous 2 seasons. Goals and assists will not be considered.
- The Selection Committee will be made up of the following:
- 1660: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary & Midget Senior Governor.
- The Scholarship must be used within two summers of winning the award and it is not transferable.
- The 1660 Hockey League will pay $250.00 when verification of registration and submission of the official receipts from the chosen school/camp are received by the 1660 Hockey League.
- Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com. Deadline April 15th.
Posted on Wed, Mar 26, 2014
The following was posted on CISN Country 103.9 facebook:
Posted on Thu, Dec 13, 2012